Gold is not only flowing from West to East.
It is also flowing into the house account at Goldman Sachs. Or at least the paper claims for it in New York.
Below is the monthly report showing the large amounts of physical gold which have been steadily flowing through the Shanghai markets into strong hands in China.
Few commentators are talking about this.
What is less familiar, and what I have not read about much, is the very large amount of gold that Goldman Sachs has been taking delivery on the Comex this month.
Attached are a few of the clearing reports below.
Notice that the big takers are the house account at Goldman, and some presumably large customer at JPM.
What’s up with that?
News and Commentary
Gold prices edge down as firm dollar weighs (Reuters.com)
Stocks Struggle as Dollar Slips to Start Fed Week: Markets Wrap (Bloomberg.com)
Malaysia Files 1MDB-Linked Criminal Charges Against Goldman Sachs (Bloomberg.com)
China Sees Bankruptcies Surge; Bondholders May Get Less Back (Bloomberg.com)
Here come the class-action lawsuits against JPM for rigging gold and silver futures (CNBC.com)
Europe’s Retail Apocalypse Spreads to Online From Shopping Malls (Bloomberg.com)
Now May Be a Good Time for Silver as Undervauled Versus Gold (Bloomberg.com)
Commodities have strong fundamentals and demand growth in 2019 (Bloomberg.com)
Here’s what 2019 may have in store for commodities such as gold and natural gas (MarketWatch.com)
This Gold Chart Analysis Shows We’re Closer To A SIGNIFICANT Monetary Event (HubertmoolMan)
Ten years on, Fed’s long, strange, trip to zero redefined central banking (Reuters.com)
BIS fears financial seizure at the heart of the world’s clearing system (Telegraph.co.uk)
Listen on SoundCloud , Blubrry & iTunes. Watch on YouTube below
Gold Prices (LBMA PM)
14 Dec: USD 1,239.15, GBP 983.39 & EUR 1,096.90 per ounce
13 Dec: USD 1,244.45, GBP 982.87 & EUR 1,093.62 per ounce
12 Dec: USD 1,244.75, GBP 993.31 & EUR 1,098.24 per ounce
11 Dec: USD 1,248.25, GBP 988.99 & EUR 1,096.59 per ounce
10 Dec: USD 1,246.80, GBP 980.61 & EUR 1,092.57 per ounce
07 Dec: USD 1,241.20, GBP 972.98 & EUR 1,091.51 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
14 Dec: USD 14.58, GBP 11.61 & EUR 12.92 per ounce
13 Dec: USD 14.68, GBP 11.60 & EUR 12.90 per ounce
12 Dec: USD 14.66, GBP 11.68 & EUR 12.93 per ounce
11 Dec: USD 14.64, GBP 11.62 & EUR 12.85 per ounce
10 Dec: USD 14.53, GBP 11.48 & EUR 12.73 per ounce
07 Dec: USD 14.49, GBP 11.34 & EUR 12.73 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Brexit Risk Sees Gold Rise To Test EUR 1,100 Per Ounce
– Yellen Warns Another Financial Crisis Is Brewing
– Gold Krugerrand Coin Worth $1,200 Donated To Charity Again
– EU Recession Imminent – Euro Disunion as Brexit, Italy and End of QE Loom
– Gold and Silver Gained 2% and 3% Last Week While Stocks Dropped Nearly 5%
– Irish Central Bank Refuses To Discuss Gold Reserves In Bank of England Vaults
– “Fake Markets” To Lead to Global Financial Crisis? – Goldnomics Podcast
– Gold Is “Coiled” and Looks Set To Surge Like Natural Gas — Bloomberg Intelligence
– “Collapse Of Civilisation Is On The Horizon” – Attenborough Warns World Leaders