Are Gold And Silver Obsolete In The Crypto Age?
What is the outlook for the global economy, financial markets, crypto currencies such as bitcoin and gold and silver bullion in the digital age?
Fresh insights as CrushtheStreet.com interview Mark O’Byrne who gives his diagnosis on the outlook for gold in 2018, and looks at the long-term relevance of precious metals in the digital age of crypto and the blockchain alongside Bitcoin’s emergence as a potential digital store of value.
TOPICS IN THIS INTERVIEW
01:00 Diagnosis of the economy and rising inflation
06:00 Possible stock market correction?
09:30 What is triggering higher oil prices?
13:05 Impacts of rising oil prices on the mining sector
14:40 Gold in 2018, what to expect next
20:00 Has Bitcoin taken over the role of Gold itself?
23:50 Silver’s purpose and upside in the digital age
28:30 GoldCore providing ways to purchase and store Gold
Watch the full interview here – ‘Are Gold And Silver Obsolete In The Digital Age? – Mark O’Byrne Interview’
News and Commentary
Gold steadies as political turmoil in Italy rocks financial markets (Reuters.com)
Euro dives to 6-month low versus dollar as Italian and Spanish political worries fester (MarketWatch.com)
Italy banker warns on political crisis as investors fear for euro (Reuters.com)
Euro zone money markets slash 2019 ECB rate-hike bets (Reuters.com)
Former IMF official becomes Italy’s interim prime minister (Gata.org)
Soros Sees New Global Financial Crisis Brewing, EU Under Threat (Bloomberg.com)
Saxo Bank: Precious metals gradually recovering (Trend.az)
Finance officials discuss use of Chinese yuan as reserve currency for Africa (Xinhuanet.com)
Turkey Repatriates All Gold From The US In Attempt To Ditch The Dollar (ZeroHedge.com)
Gold Production On The Cusp Of Peaking (GoldTelegraph.com)
Listen on SoundCloud , Blubrry & iTunes. Watch on YouTube below
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
29 May: USD 1,302.05, GBP 983.83 & EUR 1,130.57 per ounce
25 May: USD 1,303.95, GBP 976.53 & EUR 1,113.70 per ounce
24 May: USD 1,296.35, GBP 967.73 & EUR 1,104.88 per ounce
23 May: USD 1,294.00, GBP 967.91 & EUR 1,102.88 per ounce
22 May: USD 1,293.90, GBP 961.24 & EUR 1,095.29 per ounce
21 May: USD 1,285.85, GBP 959.24 & EUR 1,095.67 per ounce
18 May: USD 1,287.20, GBP 954.20 & EUR 1,091.16 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
29 May: USD 16.48, GBP 12.43 & EUR 14.26 per ounce
25 May: USD 16.67, GBP 12.49 & EUR 14.24 per ounce
24 May: USD 16.51, GBP 12.32 & EUR 14.09 per ounce
23 May: USD 16.53, GBP 12.38 & EUR 14.11 per ounce
22 May: USD 16.58, GBP 12.32 & EUR 14.04 per ounce
21 May: USD 16.34, GBP 12.19 & EUR 13.91 per ounce
18 May: USD 16.39, GBP 12.16 & EUR 13.92 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– In Gold we Trust: 3 Important Factors Leading to the “Turning of the Monetary Tides”
– Silver Trading in Tight $1 Range As Pressure Builds For A Breakout
– Gold Back Above $1300 – Trump Cancels Historic Summit – Silver “Ready To Breakout”
– Gold Price Surges To Record In Turkey and Other Emerging Markets as Currencies Collapse
– Gold Rarity and Value Shown In Stunning Gold Visualisations
– Gold Looks A Better Investment Than UK Property
– Gold 2048: The Next 30 Years For Gold
– Beware “Snollygosters” and the Empty Promises of Pathological Politicians
– US 10-Year Surges, Emerging Markets Implode…Where Next for Gold?
– Welsh Gold Being Hyped Due To The Royal Wedding?
– Oil Price Is Going To Keep Rising And Inflation Is Coming
– Gold Price Manipulation – A Comprehensive Guide By James Rickards
– EU ‘Nightmare Scenario’ As Popular Anti-Euro and Anti-EU Government Takes Power In Italy