THANK YOU for helping GoldCore reach our 15th year in business. We were incorporated on this day 15 years ago, on October 23rd 2003, and we are delighted to have reached this milestone and achievement.
Over the years, we have been fortunate to enjoy the unwavering support of our families, government mint and refinery suppliers, vault partners, great staff and supportive clients.
We are positive on the outlook for gold and silver and regarding GoldCore’s next 15 years. We are excited about the continuing growth in assets in GoldCore Secure Storage (up over 22% this year), the launch of Direct Access Gold and the launch of storage in Ireland in Dublin and other international storage locations in the coming months.
Thanks to our excellent staff over the years and our amazing team today. And thanks to our community for your support and our clients for their support and custom.
We look forward to protecting and growing your wealth in the next 15 years.
Stephen, Mark and all the GoldCore team
IMF Warning Highlights Gold’s Importance As A Diversification
– Gold rallied “as stocks retreated” and “market risk became more systemic”
– As stock sell-off became systemic globally, gold rose meaningfully – World Gold Council
– IMF Global Financial Stability report highlights an increase in level of risk among multiple global metrics – WGC Investment Update
*Happy 15th Birthday GoldCore*
The latest IMF Global Financial Stability report (released 10 October), highlighted an increase in the level of risk among multiple global metrics.
*Intra-day performance of major assets classes from 10 Oct and 12 Oct 2018. Source: Bloomberg, World Gold Council
Following its publication, stocks in the US, Europe and Asia lost 4%, 3% and 4% respectively over three days. While the market has regained some of its early losses, we believe the report and the subsequent market pullback underline the relevance of holding gold in the near and long term.
As stocks were hammered, gold acted as a key flight-to-safety asset in the market. Initially, as the US market retreated, gold held steady. But as the sell-off became more systemic globally, gold began to rally meaningfully (see chart above).
Access full report at Gold.org
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
22 Oct: USD 1,222.90, GBP 938.09 & EUR 1,062.21 per ounce
19 Oct: USD 1,228.25, GBP 942.44 & EUR 1,073.12 per ounce
18 Oct: USD 1,224.60, GBP 933.76 & EUR 1,062.83 per ounce
17 Oct: USD 1,226.75, GBP 933.68 & EUR 1,061.38 per ounce
16 Oct: USD 1,228.85, GBP 931.35 & EUR 1,061.73 per ounce
15 Oct: USD 1,233.00, GBP 937.70 & EUR 1,064.45 per ounce
12 Oct: USD 1,218.75, GBP 922.11 & EUR 1,052.15 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
22 Oct: USD 14.63, GBP 11.23 & EUR 12.72 per ounce
19 Oct: USD 14.61, GBP 11.21 & EUR 12.75 per ounce
18 Oct: USD 14.52, GBP 11.06 & EUR 12.60 per ounce
17 Oct: USD 14.65, GBP 11.16 & EUR 12.69 per ounce
16 Oct: USD 14.76, GBP 11.16 & EUR 12.74 per ounce
15 Oct: USD 14.74, GBP 11.19 & EUR 12.71 per ounce
12 Oct: USD 14.60, GBP 11.04 & EUR 12.60 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– End Of The Financial World?
– Gold Reserves Surge 1,000% In Hungary As It Joins Poland, Russia, China and Other Central Banks Buying Gold
– How Do You Sell Your Digital Gold When the Internet Goes Down?
– IMF Issues Dire Warning – ‘Great Depression’ Ahead?
– Poland Raises Gold Holdings to Record High in September – IMF
– Why It’s Worth Holding Gold Bullion in Your Portfolio
– Gold’s Best Day In 2 Years Sees 2.5 Percent Gain As Global Stocks Sell Off – This Week’s Golden Nuggets
– Gold Up 2.5 Percent As Global Stock Rout Spreads To Europe
– “Gold Is On The Cusp” Of An “Explosion Higher” As Stock and Tech “Crash Is Coming”