(Media Release) Investors Set To Move and Store Gold In Dublin Due To Brexit Risks
– Investors in Ireland, the UK and internationally can for the first-time own gold in a secure and liquid way in accredited, professionally managed, fully insured, institutional grade vaults
– Secure gold investment in Ireland for first time as global risks intensify and Dublin will compete with London as a favoured gold storage location
– Brexit will likely impact the 300bn London gold market as investors move gold to other jurisdictions including Dublin
Investors in Ireland, the UK and internationally can for the first time invest in gold stored in secure, professionally managed, institutional grade vaults in Dublin, Ireland.
As financial and geopolitical risks including trade wars, the Trump Presidency and Brexit intensify, Ireland’s longest established gold broker, GoldCore have moved to enable Irish, UK and international investors to invest in and own gold stored in fully insured, specialist gold vaults in Dublin.
Brexit and other financial and geopolitical risks make asset diversification and owning assets in different jurisdictions more important than ever.
Institutional gold storage, Ireland’s first, is being managed by GoldCore in collaboration with Loomis International in a modern state of the art secure storage facility in south county Dublin, with easy access to the airport.
GoldCore, which was established in Dublin in 2003 and is now a global gold storage specialist, has long offered storage in some of the safest vaults, in the safer jurisdictions in the world.
“Dublin was soft launched to our clients in October and since then we have been very pleasantly surprised by the demand”, said GoldCore CEO Stephen Flood. “We expect demand in Dublin to exceed that of London sometime in 2019 as UK and Irish clients seek to spread their holdings across jurisdictions. Zurich is still the most sought after location, but Dublin has already surpassed Singapore and Hong Kong and may now usurp the second spot from London.”
“We considered operating our own vaults or going the safety deposit box option but there were unappreciated risks to clients and indeed a lack of liquidity for investors who could not easily and quickly sell their gold when they wished to” said the GoldCore CEO.
“Our new institutional gold storage offering will be offered to retail, HNW, family office, pension, broker and institutional investors” continued Flood, “and we believe it will be of interest not just to Irish and UK investors but also to U.S. investors, particularly Irish Americans, and indeed international investors looking for a secure location to store their gold.”
GoldCore make a market in gold bars (1 oz and 1 kilo) and popular legal tender gold bullion coins from the Royal Mint (CGT free gold coins for UK investors), the Royal Canadian Mint, the U.S. Mint, the Perth Mint and the Austrian Mint. Investors can buy or sell their gold online or on phone and do not have the security risk of having to take their gold out of a safe deposit box, deliver it and have it verified at specialist bullion vaults before being able to sell it.
Loomis International are one of the leading valuables storage providers in the world. Loomis provide secure transportation, management and storage of precious metals and are a member of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) whose membership is comprised of government mints, refiners, bullion dealers and major international banks.
“We are excited to collaborate with GoldCore on Secure Storage Ireland. We have worked with GoldCore since 2009 and we like the way they are always being innovative and putting the client first in terms of investing in gold in a secure way” said a senior representative of Loomis International.
The gold vaults managed by Loomis International meet the highest vault security standards. They are members of the Irish Security Industry Authority (ISIA) and the Private Security Authority (PSA). The latter is the statutory body with responsibility for licensing and regulating the private security industry in Ireland. The vault providers have good relationships with key freight companies, airports, airlines and the Irish police force, An Garda Siochána.
Investors have shown renewed interest in gold as an investment in 2018 due to Brexit, Trump and increasing global economic and geopolitical uncertainty.
About Secure Storage Ireland
- The gold vaults managed by Loomis International meet the highest vault security standards. Loomis are one of the leading valuable storage providers in the world and provide secure transportation, management and storage of precious metals internationally.
- Loomis are a member of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) whose membership is comprised of government mints, refiners, bullion dealers and major international banks. LBMA member vaults ensure the chain of integrity for gold bars.
- GoldCore make a market in gold bars and coins fabricated and minted by LBMA approved government mints and refineries. The LBMA have strict rules in terms of purity and quality of gold bars as so their members. This reduces the risk of counterfeit coins and bars and helps GoldCore ensure that we deal in authentic gold coins and bars.
- The vaults being managed by GoldCore in conjunction with Loomis International are of the highest vault security standards – greater even than Central Bank of Ireland security requirements. The facility is a member of the Irish Security Industry Authority (ISIA) and the Private Security Authority (PSA). The latter is the statutory body with responsibility for licensing and regulating the private security industry in Ireland.
- The vault operators are experts in the movement of valuables such as cash and precious metals that require secure transportation internationally. They have relationships with key freight companies, airports, airlines, the Irish Justice Department and the Irish police force, An Garda Siochána.
- GoldCore are making a market in gold bars (1 oz and 1 kilo) and popular legal tender gold bullion coins from the Royal Mint (CGT free gold coins for UK investors), the Royal Canadian Mint, the U.S. Mint, the Perth Mint and the Austrian Mint.
- Liquidity is important for investors who can buy or sell their gold online or on the phone at any time. They do not have the hassle, stress and security risk of having to keep their keys safe, find their keys, take their gold out of a safe deposit box, in person take it out of the building in which their box is located, deliver it and have it verified (and potentially assayed) at specialist bullion vaults before being able to sell it.
– Founded in 2003, GoldCore are international gold brokers who are expert in the trading, delivery and storage of gold coins and bars and have transacted over $1 billion worth of precious metals in the last 15 years (incorporated on October 23, 2018).
– GoldCore have over 16,000 private, pension and corporate clients in over 150 countries, with over $140 million in precious metals under management. Gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion storage services in Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong, Perth, Dublin and London are offered to mass affluent, pension and HNW investors and to financial advisers, brokers, family offices and other institutional investors.
– GoldCore’s bullion trading platform is one of the most sophisticated and safest in the industry. Client’s bullion coins and bars are individually allocated & segregated under direct client control and ownership. Bullion is owned in ultra-safe vaults strictly outside the global banking system.
– GoldCore’s research is quoted and featured in international media – on CNBC, CNN, Reuters, the Financial Times and Bloomberg. It provides insights into the importance of diversification and the importance of owning precious metals as part of diversified investment and pension portfolios and as financial insurance.
For further information, please contact GoldCore CEO, Stephen Flood or Research Director Mark O’Byrne – Call +44 (0)203 086 9200 / +353 1 6325010