-Large Gold Bullion Shipment Moves From London to Dublin Gold Vaults As Brexit Concerns Deepen
– Growing demand from investors to relocate tangible assets out of the UK
– “Zurich continues to be the most sought-after location for storage, but Dublin has already surpassed Hong Kong and will likely usurp the second spot from London”
Ireland’s longest established gold broker, GoldCore has transported what is believed to be the largest legitimate movement of gold bullion – investment grade gold coins an bars – into Ireland in decades, possibly since the foundation of the State.
The movement of gold bullion from London to Dublin follows the opening of GoldCore’s gold vaults in Ireland and reflects a growing demand from UK and Irish investors in particular to relocate tangible assets out of the UK.
The first consignment into the new institutional vaults was of gold bullion coins and bars weighing nearly 2,000 troy ounces (over 60 kilos) worth more than €2 million.
GoldCore expects ongoing consignments of gold bullion to be transported and securely stored in the vaults in the run up to the Brexit deadline on March 29th.
As Brexit comes to a head, GoldCore are reporting a growing preference amongst Irish investors to store their gold domestically in Ireland rather than Perth, Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong, Singapore and especially London.
Commenting on this trend GoldCore Research Director, Mark O’Byrne said
“To date, the demand for gold storage in Dublin has been strong. However, in the run up to Brexit, we expect this demand to strengthen even further and Dublin may surpass London in terms of the amount of gold assets in the vaults in the coming months. There is strong interest from British but especially Irish retail, HNW and pension investors.
Gold held in GoldCore’s Dublin vaults is a fraction of our client holdings in other jurisdictions. Yet, it is growing rapidly from a zero base, and has already surpassed Hong Kong as a favoured jurisdiction for storing gold with clients. They now own €150 million worth of gold and silver stored in some of the safest vaults in the world. Zurich remains the favourite location with client bullion holdings there worth nearly €40 million. Zurich is followed by Singapore, then London, Dublin and Hong Kong.
This is a good news story, as Ireland is now attracting investment capital and “safe haven” gold flows” both from the UK and internationally. Many Irish investors are expressing a preference for having their assets “closer to home.”
The Gold Delivery
Nearly 2,000 troy ounces of gold, worth over €2m, was air freighted from London into Dublin and delivered to GoldCore’s new institutional grade gold. While sensitive logistics information cannot be divulged for obvious security reasons, Goldcore has reported that the gold bullion was air-freighted from Heathrow across the Irish Sea to Dublin, fully insured and securely deposited in the new GoldCore vaults where it was inspected, audited and reported to GoldCore storage clients.
Ireland’s first institutional gold storage facility is being managed by GoldCore in collaboration with Loomis International, in fully insured, modern state of the art, ultra-secure vaults in south county Dublin. The vault providers have good relationships with key freight companies, airports, airlines and the Irish police force, An Garda Siochána.
Stability in a volatile environment
Mr. O’Byrne spoke of the stability of gold and it’s growing popularity as a safe-haven in an uncertain global investment landscape.
“Gold has an excellent track record in maintaining its purchasing power relative to currencies and other assets. There is also a significant body of empirical evidence in the form of academic research and research from independent asset allocation experts which shows that gold is an important diversification for investors which reduces portfolio volatility and enhances returns.
Gold is a hedge and a safe haven in an uncertain political and economic world”.
Note to the Editor
– Founded in October 2003, GoldCore are Ireland’s leading gold broker and are expert in the trading, delivery and storage of gold coins and bars and have transacted over $1 billion worth of precious metals in the last 15 years.
– GoldCore have over 16,000 private, pension and corporate clients in over 150 countries, with over $150 million in precious metals under management. Gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion storage services in Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin and London are offered to mass affluent, pension and HNW investors and to financial advisers, brokers, family offices and other institutional investors.
– GoldCore’s bullion trading platform is one of the most sophisticated and safest in the industry. Client’s bullion coins and bars are individually allocated & segregated ensuring direct and outright asset ownership for the client. Gold bullion is owned strictly outside the global banking system, in ultra-safe vaults in some of the safest jurisdictions in the world.
– GoldCore’s research is quoted and featured in international media – on CNBC, CNN, Reuters, the Financial Times and Bloomberg. It provides insights into the importance of diversification and the importance of owning precious metals as part of diversified investment and pension portfolios and as financial insurance
– GoldCore, which was established in Dublin in 2003 and is now a global gold storage specialist, has long offered storage in some of the safest vaults, in the safer jurisdictions in the world. They began offering storage in the Perth Mint of Western Australia in 2005 and introduced GoldCore Secure Storage in 2009. GoldCore Secure Storage has grown to include specialist vaults in Zurich, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and now Dublin through vault partners Loomis International and Brinks. GoldCore is set to expand the storage offering to other locations in the coming months including Dubai and New Zealand.
For further information, please contact: Mark O’Byrne, Director of Research
T: +44 (0)203 086 9200 / +353 1 6325010 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Store Gold Bullion In The Safest Ways Possible – Learning from Tragic Venezuela Today – Watch Video Here
News and Commentary
U.K. Economy Wilts as Brexit Jitters Hit Business Investment (Bloomberg.com)
Gold slips as trade tensions buoy dollar; U.S-China talks in focus (Reuters.com)
Following the money in commodities leads to gold mines: Russell (Reuters.com)
Italy minister never heard talk about using Bank of Italy gold (Reuters.com)
European shares recover from one-week low as trade talks resume (Reuters.com)
Gold is money, everything else is credit (GoldTelegraph.com)
Italy explores bilateral Brexit deal with Britain as its own economic crisis nears danger point (Telegraph.co.uk)
World has had enough of billionaires (MoneyWeek.com)
Russia Mulls Eliminating Gold Tax to Boost Investment Demand (GoldSeek.com)
Pricing Power – Intellectual Property (EpsilonTheory.com)
Position this guide please (GoldCore.com)
Listen on iTunes, Blubrry & SoundCloud & watch on YouTube above
Gold Prices (LBMA PM)
08 Feb: USD 1,311.10, GBP 1012.04 & EUR 1,156.65 per ounce
07 Feb: USD 1,310.00, GBP 1009.49 & EUR 1,154.11 per ounce
06 Feb: USD 1,313.35, GBP 1013.51 & EUR 1,152.86 per ounce
05 Feb: USD 1,314.00, GBP 1009.15 & EUR 1,150.67 per ounce
04 Feb: USD 1,311.00, GBP 1004.36 & EUR 1,145.55 per ounce
01 Feb: USD 1,320.75, GBP 1008.54 & EUR 1,150.83 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
08 Feb: USD 15.78, GBP 12.18 & EUR 13.92 per ounce
07 Feb: USD 15.71, GBP 12.20 & EUR 13.87 per ounce
06 Feb: USD 15.73, GBP 12.15 & EUR 13.82 per ounce
05 Feb: USD 15.86, GBP 12.19 & EUR 13.89 per ounce
04 Feb: USD 15.74, GBP 12.05 & EUR 13.75 per ounce
01 Feb: USD 16.01, GBP 12.26 & EUR 13.96 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Gold Surges In Aussie Dollars as Aussie Property Market Declines Sharply
– “Right” Trump and “Left” Ocasio-Cortez Will Join Forces And Debase The Dollar
– 7 Financial Truths In An Uncertain 2019
– Central Banks Buy More Gold In 2018 Than Any Year Since 1967
– Gold Breaks Out of Range After Dovish Fed – Further 1% Gain to $1,321/oz
– U.S.-China War May Be “Just A Shot Away”
– Buy Bitcoin or Gold? Bitcoin Buyers Investing In Gold In 2019
– Gold Consolidates Above $1,300 After 1.2% Gain Last Week
– Gold Bullion Will Protect From Politicians, Brexit and Increasing Market Volatility In 2019
– Brexit – The Pin That Bursts London Property Bubble
– Davos: David Attenborough Warns We Are Damaging The World ‘Beyond Repair’
– Gold May Return 25% In 2019 Given Brexit, Trump and Other Risks – IG TV Interview GoldCore
– Brexit, EU, Germany, China and Yellow Vests In 2019 – Something Wicked This Way Comes