News, Market Updates, Charts and Videos You May Have Missed
Here is our Friday digest of the important news, market updates, charts and videos we were informed by this week.
We felt it important to do a video update which considers the risks that Brexit poses to the London property market. This is a very real risk that has not been assessed in the British and Irish media.
Our timing was good and the Bank of England must have been listening to us! Yesterday, Bank of England governor Mark Carney confirmed that there are real risks to UK property investors and the UK economy, when he warned that a “no- deal Brexit” would likely result in economic chaos and a UK house price correction or crash of some 35%.
In a stark warning to the British government, Mark Carney told ministers that the impact of a no-deal Brexit could be as “catastrophic” as the 2008 financial crisis.
Needless to say this would result in a very serious recession indeed in the UK and would have consequences for the Irish economy, EU economies and other over-valued property markets – one of which is in Dublin, Ireland.
Enjoy and have a nice weekend!
Video This Week
Market Updates and News This Week
Charts This Week
London median, Islington, Wandsworth & Southwark prices. Must See Interactive Graphic Piece From Bloomberg News
Source: Australian Financial Review
News and Commentary
13 Sep: USD 1,206.65, GBP 924.41 & EUR 1,038.68 per ounce
12 Sep: USD 1,197.80, GBP 919.07 & EUR 1,033.10 per ounce
11 Sep: USD 1,194.00, GBP 915.92 & EUR 1,028.75 per ounce
10 Sep: USD 1,195.80, GBP 923.28 & EUR 1,032.45 per ounce
07 Sep: USD 1,200.75, GBP 928.30 & EUR 1,031.32 per ounce
06 Sep: USD 1,204.30, GBP 931.65 & EUR 1,035.82 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
13 Sep: USD 14.23, GBP 10.90 & EUR 12.24 per ounce
12 Sep: USD 14.16, GBP 10.90 & EUR 12.22 per ounce
11 Sep: USD 14.13, GBP 10.85 & EUR 12.19 per ounce
10 Sep: USD 14.22, GBP 10.99 & EUR 12.28 per ounce
07 Sep: USD 14.19, GBP 10.90 & EUR 12.20 per ounce
06 Sep: USD 14.27, GBP 11.03 & EUR 12.27 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Video: BREXIT To Contribute To London Property Bubble Bursting
– Australia’s Banking System May Be The “Bloody Big Butterfly” Which Triggers Next “Financial Storm”
– Ten Years Since Lehman: Biggest Driver of 2008 Financial Crisis Has Only Got Worse
– London Property: Here Comes the Crash
– This Week’s Golden Nuggets
– Gold Remains An “Excellent Way to Hedge” for Longer Term – BNP Interview
– Video: Gold Surges To Record Highs In Emerging Market Currencies – New Highs In USD, EUR, GBP In the Coming Months?
– September Is The Best Month For Gold and Worst Month For Stocks
– Pound Investors Face Months of Volatility Into Brexit Endgame
– This Week’s Golden Nuggets
– Video: “Financial War” Deepens as Russia Buys Gold and Dollar Hegemony At Risk – Rickards on CNN
– Will Indebted Nations Globally Follow Venezuela Into Hyperinflation?