Just as the dust begins to settle on Brexit, Italy’s banking system looms as the next threat to global financial markets.
Previous attempts to resolve Italy’s banking sector woes have proven to be less than effective. Non Performing Loans on the balance sheets of Italian banks represent over 8% of the total loan portfolios. However some analyst fear that this is set to grow to a whopping 15% in the near future.
Results of a stress tests by the European Banking Authority due on July 29 are expected to shed more light on the capital needs of the Italian banking sector, potentially serving as a spark to renewed financial turmoil.
While foreign exposure to Italian banks is relatively low, the bigger worry is that a backlash over a bailout leads voters to revolt, empowering the euroskeptic 5 Star Movement, a political party that is growing in poularity, which has called for a referendum on eurozone membership.
Could we be moving from Brexit to Italeave?
You can read the full article here
Gold and Silver Bullion – News and Prices
Why gold’s bond with the dollar has broken (Marketwatch)
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
21 July: USD 1,322.00 ., EUR 1,199.318 & GBP 1,000.754 per ounce
20 July: USD 1,325.60, EUR 1,204.308 & GBP 1,005.865 per ounce
19 July: USD 1,332.20, EUR 1,203.376 & GBP 1,009.042 per ounce
18 July: USD 1,326.15, EUR 1,200.298 & GBP 1,000.050 per ounce
15 July: USD 1,330.50, EUR 1,194.789 & GBP 994.150 per ounce
14 July: USD 1,325.705, EUR 1,192.99 & GBP 1,001.96 per ounce
13 July: USD 1,340.25, EUR 1,211.45 & GBP 1,009.74 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
21 July: USD 19.34, EUR 17.55 & GBP 14.66 per ounce
20 July: USD 19.70, EUR 17.88 & GBP 14.95 per ounce
19 July: USD 19.99, EUR 18.07 & GBP 15.18 per ounce
18 July: USD 19.72, EUR 17.83 & GBP 14.89 per ounce
15 July: USD 20.14, EUR 18.08 & GBP 15.06 per ounce
14 July: USD 20.25, EUR 18.23 & GBP 15.15 per ounce
13 July: USD 20.29, EUR 18.31 & GBP 15.25 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Gold Holds Near Two-Week Low as Risk Appetite Rises on U.S. Data
– Gold, Trump and Rates: Bank That Foresaw Rally Flags $1,500
– Gold Lower After Central Bank’s Surprise Move
– “We Are On the Cusp of an Explosion in the Silver Price” – John Embry
– Stocks Rally – Is Brexit Systemic Risks Contained?
– Britain has a new prime minister – here’s what that means for you
– Metals Caught Between Global Gloom, U.S. Job Gains as Gold Slips
– Central Bank Resumes Monthly Gold Buying in Bid to Diversify Reserves
– Property Fund Turmoil in the UK has Eerie Echoes of Bear Stearns
– “In Gold We Trust” Annual Report – New Bull Market “Emerging”
– 3 Charts Show “How Precious Brexit Is” for Gold and Silver Bullion
– Gold, Silver Best Performing Assets In H1, 2016 – Up 26% & 38%