GoldNomics Podcast (Episode 2) Is This The Greatest Stock Market Bubble In History?
In our second GoldNomics podcast, we take a look at one of the important financial questions of our day – is this the greatest stock market bubble in history?
GoldCore CEO Stephen Flood and GoldCore’s Research Director and world renowned precious metals commentator Mark O’Byrne in conversation with Dave Russell discuss why U.S. stock markets appear overvalued and are likely in a bubble.
Key topics covered include:
- Do the fundamentals justify the massive gains in US stocks in recent years (rise of over 300% in the S&P 500 since 2009)?
- Does the U.S. have a perfect ‘Goldilocks economy’ or a vulnerable ‘Food stamp economy’?
- Are we in a ultra low interest rate, liquidity driven “everything bubble”?
- Is margin debt one of the factors driving speculation in stocks and a stock market bubble?
- Is there ‘irrational exuberance’ and overly bullish sentiment as seen in the recent headline ‘Stock market never goes down anymore’?
- Will the printing of currency lead to its devaluation against real money gold which cannot be printed?
- Are higher allocations to gold of up to 20% or 30% warranted given the significant risks of today?
- Are there cyber risks to digital wealth and digital currencies including online deposits?
- Is there a case for physical gold that you can hold outside of the digital and financial system?
- What should people do to protect and grow their wealth in 2018 and the coming years?
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
25 Jan: USD 1,360.25, GBP 954.35 & EUR 1,095.27 per ounce
24 Jan: USD 1,350.50, GBP 957.50 & EUR 1,093.77 per ounce
23 Jan: USD 1,337.10, GBP 959.10 & EUR 1,091.74 per ounce
22 Jan: USD 1,334.15, GBP 959.12 & EUR 1,087.87 per ounce
19 Jan: USD 1,335.80, GBP 960.17 & EUR 1,087.74 per ounce
18 Jan: USD 1,329.75, GBP 961.14 & EUR 1,088.40 per ounce
17 Jan: USD 1,337.35, GBP 969.45 & EUR 1,092.48 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
25 Jan: USD 17.52, GBP 12.29 & EUR 14.12 per ounce
24 Jan: USD 17.19, GBP 12.16 & EUR 13.93 per ounce
23 Jan: USD 16.98, GBP 12.19 & EUR 13.87 per ounce
22 Jan: USD 17.04, GBP 12.25 & EUR 13.90 per ounce
19 Jan: USD 17.04, GBP 12.27 & EUR 13.89 per ounce
18 Jan: USD 17.09, GBP 12.31 & EUR 13.96 per ounce
17 Jan: USD 17.21, GBP 12.49 & EUR 14.10 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Cyber War Coming In 2018?
– Government Shutdown Ends – Markets Ignore Looming Debt and Bond Market Threat
– Global Pension Ponzi – Carillion Collapse One Of Many To Come
– The Next Great Bull Market in Gold Has Begun – Rickards
– Gold Bullion May Have Room to Run As Chinese New Year Looms
– Digital Gold Flight To Physical Gold Coins and Bars
– Gold and Silver Bullion Are Only “Safe Investments Left” – Stockman
– Silver Prices To Surge – JP Morgan Has Acquired A “Massive Quantity of Physical Silver”
– London Property Crash Looms As Prices Drop To 2 1/2 Year Low
– Gold Bullion Up 1% In Week, Heads For 5th Weekly Gain As Bonds Sell Off
– Gold Prices Rise To $1,326/oz as China U.S. Treasury Buying Report Creates Volatility
– Gold Hits All-Time Highs Priced In Emerging Market Currencies
– World is $233 Trillion In Debt: UK Personal Debt At New Record
– 10 Reasons Why You Should Add To Your Gold Holdings