– ‘Gigantic holes in the system’ warns former Fed Head
– Interest rates will remain lower than they have been in past
– Leveraged loans pose risks and there is unfinished regulation
– “I think things have improved, but then I think there are gigantic holes in the system”
– No new financial crisis in ‘our lifetimes’, Yellen said only last year
– Editors note: Yellen should know as she and her predecessors are responsible for some of the “gigantic holes”
Image Source: Mike Shedlock
Former Federal Reserve Chairperson Janet Yellen told an audience in New York that she fears there could be another financial crisis brewing.
She warned of leveraged loans and the inability for the Fed to bail out banks. She said that banking regulators have seen reductions in their authority to address banking and financial panics and warned of the current push to deregulate.
“I think things have improved, but then I think there are gigantic holes in the system,” Yellen warned Monday evening.
“The tools that are available to deal with emerging problems are not great in the United States,” she said in a discussion moderated by New York Times columnist Paul Krugman at CUNY.
Yellen warned that leverage loans are an area of concern, something also mentioned by the current Fed leadership.
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA PM)
12 Dec: USD 1,244.75, GBP 993.31 & EUR 1,098.24 per ounce
11 Dec: USD 1,248.25, GBP 988.99 & EUR 1,096.59 per ounce
10 Dec: USD 1,246.80, GBP 980.61 & EUR 1,092.57 per ounce
07 Dec: USD 1,241.20, GBP 972.98 & EUR 1,091.51 per ounce
06 Dec: USD 1,236.45, GBP 971.48 & EUR 1,091.66 per ounce
05 Dec: USD 1,236.15, GBP 970.13 & EUR 1,090.16 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
12 Dec: USD 14.66, GBP 11.68 & EUR 12.93 per ounce
11 Dec: USD 14.64, GBP 11.62 & EUR 12.85 per ounce
10 Dec: USD 14.53, GBP 11.48 & EUR 12.73 per ounce
07 Dec: USD 14.49, GBP 11.34 & EUR 12.73 per ounce
06 Dec: USD 14.38, GBP 11.28 & EUR 12.68 per ounce
05 Dec: USD 14.48, GBP 11.34 & EUR 12.75 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Gold Krugerrand Coin Worth $1,200 Donated To Charity Again
– EU Recession Imminent – Euro Disunion as Brexit, Italy and End of QE Loom
– Gold and Silver Gained 2% and 3% Last Week While Stocks Dropped Nearly 5%
– Irish Central Bank Refuses To Discuss Gold Reserves In Bank of England Vaults
– “Fake Markets” To Lead to Global Financial Crisis? – Goldnomics Podcast
– Gold Is “Coiled” and Looks Set To Surge Like Natural Gas — Bloomberg Intelligence
– “Collapse Of Civilisation Is On The Horizon” – Attenborough Warns World Leaders
– Deutsche Bank May Cause The Next Global Crisis
– Ireland’s Mr Gold Reveals Nuggets Of Wisdom For When The Next Crash Comes
– BREXIT May Lead to UK Property Crash and Depression